General Clinic Information
From time to time, we will have special clinics for school age children to perfect specific skills or build on fundamentals through progressions leading up to a specific skill.
- The cost will depend on the type of clinic, but generally range from $20 – $30 per child. Members will receive a discounted rate.
- Clinic types and dates will be announced on our website or through email blasts two to three weeks in advanced.
- Some clinics have skill requirements. We have these requirements, because each clinic is specialized to a specific skill. For some clinics, it is not beneficial or safe for the athlete to move on to the more advanced skill with out previous mastery of specific fundamentals. Not meeting these requirements may also delay the instruction of other athletes in the clinic.
Clinic examples include:
Back Handspring Prep:
For beginner athletes aspiring to master the fundamental skills to prepare them for attempting back handsprings
- Focus on handstands, bridges, back bends, bridge kick-overs, and back walkovers
- Introduction to back handspring drills
- Learn timing and develop confidence
- Working toward performing a back handspring with a spot
Requirements: There are no skill requirements for this clinic
Beginner Back Handspring:
For beginner athletes ready to learn and practice a standing back handspring.
- Review of foundational skills
- In depth back handspring drills
- Mastering timing and confidence
- Back handsprings with a light spot, and moving toward performing the back handspring with no spot.
Athletes attending this clinic should be able to control a handstand and a bridge, as well as perform a back bend kick-over or back walkover.
Intermediate Back Handspring Clinic:
For more advanced athletes wanting to perfect their standing back handspring and round off back hand spring, and move on to back handspring series and back tucks.
- Perfecting form and mastering standing back handspring
- Connecting multiple standing back handsprings
- Connecting round off back handspring & multiple back handsprings
- Beginning standing back tucks
Athletes attending this clinic should have a strong standing back handspring on the floor with no spot, as well as a strong round off and the desire to patiently work hard toward connecting them:)
This clinic is for athletes wishing to learn or master their cartwheel and/or round-off. The cartwheel and round-off are two of the most important foundations of tumbling. A perfect cartwheel and round-off make for an exceedingly easier road when starting/mastering round-off back handsprings and beyond!
There are no skill requirements to attend this clinic.